Re: [CBQ] Freight engine lettering in the 1930's.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Freight engine lettering in the 1930's.
From: Rob Adams <steamera@netins.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 22:58:32 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rob;

Unfortunately, Microscale does not presently have an O-scale steam loco
set.  That's why I pointed Tom in the direction of the early diesel
switcher set, which has essentially the same herald as the steam set.
Also, modelers should be aware that in HO the early version of the
87-1130 had the wrong size Burlington Route heralds in it (grossly
oversized for normal steam road and switcher power).  They corrected it
a few years ago, and I believe the correct set has 2002 revision date at
the top of the decal sheet in red lettering.   The bad news is that a
lot of the incorrect sets are floating around out there.  I picked one
up before I knew of the problem.

Kind regards, Rob Adams

--
Rob Adams