RE: [CBQ] Re: For those interested - Current Status of the U25C Project

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: For those interested - Current Status of the U25C Project as of 07/05/2006
From: "Robert Giffin" <robert.h.giffin@us.army.mil>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 06:47:15 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Re:  Mr. Vlk, The desirability of an RTR U25C is highly dependant upon who
is actually going to produce it. I wouldn't touch some of the recent RTR
products from some of the 'major' manufacturers.  I personally believe that
the Kaslo project is likely to be a better end product than some
manufacturers of RTR diesels as of late, and I believe in what Mr. Griffin
and the U25C group is trying to accomplish. At the very least for those that
build models rather than buy them.  If you have some project in the works,
you might look to the U25C group as a market resource rather than making
cryptic comments. You might gain some valuable data, even while retaining
the confidentiality you require. Tim VanMersbergen

Tim - thanks for the support.  I totally agree about some of the recent RTR
offerings.  The D list is currently tearing apart the recent Bachman choices
for instance.  There was even a post that mentioned that it was a good thing
Bachman had decided on yet another SD40-2 instead of a U25C or C420 -
something we REALLY need.  I had to chukle at that a little.

Kaslo's other offerings look very nice (see
<http://www.kasloshops.com/pops/HL-7.html>
http://www.kasloshops.com/pops/HL-7.html for a closeup).  The detail is
crisp and clean, they just seem to be quite well executed.  If this is an
indication of the quality we can expect from him and IF he decides to move
forward with the complete U25C, I have no doubt that it will be an exquisite
model, well worth anything he decides to price it at.  Could be a real break
for him in terms of breaking in to bigger things too (If that is indeed what
he wants to do).  I sincerely believe there will be a lot of demand for this
locomotive.

Gif...

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM