RE: [CBQ] For those interested - Current Status of the U25C Project as o

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] For those interested - Current Status of the U25C Project as of 07/05/2006
From: "Robert Giffin" <robert.h.giffin@us.army.mil>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 12:51:26 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Re:  Unless you can't Live Another Day without a U25C, I wouldn't put a lot
of effort into such a project.  Or, if you like, go ahead with the agony of
building one and claim that it was your completing the model that triggered
the commercial release of the U25C.....Charlie Vlk, Railroad Model Resources

Charlie - Seems to me that 264 people (members since March 2006) clamoring
for this model since they stopped being available in the early 1970s is
significant, given that we are probably not even scratching the surface of
the demand.  And guess what, I've been hearing that 'it's coming soon' since
the late 70s.  What is this now, 2006 I believe?

What you consider agony may indeed be pleasure to some others.  Most of us
in this group like the RPM aspect of the hobby anbd are willing to put time,
money and effort into this project.  And while we are there, we can use some
of that time and energy to convince industry to actually pay attention.  If
our group actually does trigger a model (and it has already arguably done so
with the Kaslo proposal), we won't have to guess as to wheter of not we
influenced it, we will know that we did.

The way I see it is that we are taking action, not sitting around waiting
for something to happen.  And since you are involved in the manufacture of
model railroad products through RMR and PCM, your comments actually surprise
me.  I would have thought that you'd be a little more supportive - unless
you have information that supports your comments...

Care to show your hand?

Gif...