[CBQ] Re: For those interested - Current Status of the U25C Project as o

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: For those interested - Current Status of the U25C Project as of 07/05/2006
From: "Tim VanMersbergen" <killercarp@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 04:37:58 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Mr. Vlk,
The desirability of an RTR U25C is highly dependant upon who is
actually going to produce it.  I wouldn't touch some of the recent
RTR products from some of the 'major' manufacturers.

I personally believe that the Kaslo project is likely to be a better
end product than some manufacturers of RTR diesels as of late, and I
believe in what Mr. Griffin and the U25C group is trying to
accomplish.  At the very least for those that build models rather
than buy them.
If you have some project in the works, you might look to the U25C
group as a market resource rather than making cryptic comments.  You
might gain some valuable data, even while retaining the
confidentiality you require.
Tim VanMersbergen

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@...> wrote:

> Unless you can't Live Another Day without a U25C, I wouldn't put a
lot of effort into such a project.
> Or, if you like, go ahead with the agony of building one and claim
that it was your completing the
> model that triggered the commercial release of the U25C.....
> Charlie Vlk
> Railroad Model Resources

Project as of 07/05/2006

>   Current Status of the U25C Project
>   (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/u25cproject/) as of 07/05/2006:
>   ----------------------------------------------------------
>   There are currently 254 active members. We've had to moderate
membership
>   requests and first posts to protect ourselves from the
SPAMimals. Please
>   don't let that discourage you from joining us. We can use the
support in
>   numbers to strengthen our case with industry.
>   ----------------------------------------------------------
>   a) We are still pursuing the NWSL repowering option as well as
any other
>   options for producing an inexpensive repowering solution.
Current status on
<http://www.kasloshops.com/>
>   http://www.kasloshops.com) is proposing a repowering kit for the
Rivarossi
>   U25C, aftermarket details, and a complete U25C model. It is
basically the
>   Jeff Briggs kit, introduced over a year ago but never produced.
John
>   Whitmore from Kaslo has purchased the project from Jeff Briggs
and is
>   planning, depending on the interest garnered from this group, to
produce the
>   following, in order:
>
>   1) A Rivarossi U25C repower kit, retailing for $125.00 USD (some
photos in
>   the Photos section), including :
>
>   A water-cut steel frame; A state-of-the-art can motor; Dual
flywheels;
>   Drive train; Resin gear towers; Resin truck sideframes; NWSL
wheelsets;
>   Resin fuel tank; McHenry couplers; Window glazing; Sound ready;
DCC ready

>   2) An aftermarket detail kit, retailing for $60.00 USD (some
photos in the
>   Photos section), including:
>
>   a) The following .006" Stainless Steel etched parts: 6 windshield
>   wipers; 2 cab side window frames; 1 winterization window; 1
winterization
>   window base; 4 number boards; 12 GE lift rings; 1 rearview
mirrors; 1
>   Sinclair antenna; 4 wind deflectors; 2 headlight plates; 2
sunshades with
>   tracks; 5 cab door handles; 1 exhaust stack screen; 1 top
radiator walkway;
>   1 top radiator walkway base; 2 side intake screens; 1 top
radiator fan
>   assembly; 2 dynamic brake grid assemblies
>
>   b) The following .009" phosphor-bronze etched parts: 2 side sill
filler
>   pieces; 2 end handrail center stanchion assemblies; 27 standard
handrail
>   stanchions; 2 drop steps; 1 brake wheel; 4 footboards; 10 cut
lever
>   brackets; 1 rear radiator ladder
>
>   c) The following cast resin parts: 1 radiator core assembly; 2
pilot
>   filler assemblies; 1 cab interior
>
>   3) A walkway replacement in GE 'equidot' pattern (photo in the
Photos
>   section), retailing for approximately $20.00 USD, expressly for
this group
>   to upgrade the walkways on the Rivarossi U25C to 'near
prototype'.

>   *** The three items above could be available as soon as
September 2006,