Re: [CBQ] Re: Questions about brass Overland 4-8-2 and painting

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Questions about brass Overland 4-8-2 and painting
From: <robev1630@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 21:42:29 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Kevin,
Reasonably priced O5? Are you talkin wife friendly prices?? Ohhh man, she'll
kill me. I've used up all my " but honey, they're limited production" excuses
on the CZ and I still have a bunch of Sunshine kits to buy.
I wasn't aware of the new Sunset engine. I remember the batch of affordable
brass they offered some 5 years ago and the boiler  or the stack was a few
degrees rotated from top dead center. It was a SF mike I think. Light on the
detail compared to the state of the art Samhongsas of the day. I never saw it
run and the owner traded it off.

The photo on the website looks like it is an O-Scale model, (the ties and rails
look beefy) so I can't say how detailed the HO version will be. The price, with
sound and brass construction, looks fairly reasonable. No DCC though, I think
they could have thrown in a decoder just to keep the diecast with sound boys on
thier toes. Maybe I will sell that extra SSS coach or side door caboose. I was
hoping Broadway would release an O-5 but they apparently think what the world
needs now is another UP engine like I need a hole in my head.
Gotta go and lay some track under the tree.
Merry Christmas,
Sincerely,
Rob Manley
Midwest Mod-U-Trak

"When building kits is a lost art,
Only lost artists will be building kits !!"