Re: [CBQ] Burlington Route Streamlined Observation Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Burlington Route Streamlined Observation Cars
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 10:44:45 EDT
In a message dated 4/8/2005 3:39:45 PM Central Standard Time,
metcalf@attglobal.net writes:
If the Q book has as many miscues (pun intended) as the
Santa Fe volume, you might want to carefully consider how badly you want
the book.
One would think that since the book on the Burlington Streamlined Observation
cars is such a narrow focus, the book should be accurate. We're talking what
about 21 observation cars?

Zephyrs #9900-9907 - 8 Observations, 3 of the Parlor/Diners(includes Silver
Spirit obs for 9908), 2 1947 Vista Dome Twin Observations, 4 Q owned CZ
Observations, 2 KCZ Observations, 2 1956 DZ Observations. That number goes down
when
you consider that there's only 10 different obs, other than the name. Of
course add to that the observation cars for the Empire Builder and North Coast
Limited that adds another 3 observation cars to the list make it 4 if you
consider
the EB "River" then rebuilt to "Coulee". Okay so make it 25 observation cars.
I haven't seen if the FW&D and C&S cars are included in the book. In that
case we'd add 4, 2 diner obs and the 2 from the 1936 DZ. Brings the grand total
to 29 cars. Unless I missed 1 or 2 cars.

I haven't seen the Santa Fe book but if Hol Wagner is pointing out "misques"
with that book whoa I'm feeling a bit sad about the pre order of the
Burlington Book.

Loren Johnson

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM