[CBQ] 100-Ton Quad Hoppers Spotted

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] 100-Ton Quad Hoppers Spotted
From: "Stephen D. Doyle" <doylesteve19@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 09:44:08 -0500
First that silver caboose one of the List members spotted in a scrapyard in St.
Cloud, Minnesota, a week ago, now as I was driving through Wayzata, a western
Minneapolis suburb, I did a doubletake as an American Hoist derrick was
spotting onto a siding a MOW work train which included a green BN caboose and
two CB&Q quad hoppers,
HT-11 # 160098 and 160199 (?).  Each have very faded but visible full-color
Scotchlite heralds and white Gothic block Burlington lettering.  The black
paint is chipping, but at least one still has the trust plate bolted on.  Given
that these were built in 1963, they're in pretty good shape and look like they
have ballast in their bellies.  A blast from the past!
Steve Doyle
Minnetonka Beach, MN

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM