[CBQ] Purington Pavers

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Purington Pavers
From: "Ralph W. Brown, Jr." <cbq682@grics.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 07:52:43 -0600
The brick yards are located on the south side of AT&SF line that runs across
Knox County and through Galesburg.  I believe the brick yards was serviced by
the AT&SF.  However, I know that a rail line ran from the CB&Q Peoria line over
the now Interstate 74, over East Knox Street, and into the Gale Lake area.
Gale Lake had an earlier name.  I can't think of it right now, I think
Purington Lake was the name, but I'm not sure.  The lake was a recreation spot
after the turn of the century and was serviced by trolley cars.

Where the line went from the lake I do not know.  Does anyone know which
railroad serviced the brick yard?  Both maybe?

R.W. Brown, Jr.
Galesburg, IL

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM