Re: [CBQ] Purington Pavers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Purington Pavers
From: GEU30CG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:17:39 -0500
Hello,

I have never been able to find any evidence that the Santa Fe serviced the
brick yard.  The yard for the boxcars used to carry the brick was along the
ATSF mainline but I dont think there was a connection to the ATSF.   Old
timetables and industry lists for the ATSF never mention Purrington.

Of course, the Q had a track off the Peoria mainline down to Purrington.  About
a year ago in the fall we were able to see where it crossed a few streets
driving south out of East Galesburg.

I have seen postcards on E-bay over the years that have shots of the trolley
line that ran to the plant.  I think someplace in my collection I have at least
3-4 photos of the purrington plant - two of which show the trolley or railcars.

I have never heard about the trolley line extending further than the lake.

Darren Ferreter
Cedar Rapids, IA
geu30cg@aol.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM