[CBQ] Re: Cicero diesel facility

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Cicero diesel facility
From: "Jim Zach" <jkzach@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:53:25 -0000

Paul-

Check out page 12 of Burlington Northern and It's Heritage. The Q did
indeed have a switcher in Chinese Red, NW-2 605, according to the
caption, the only one so attired. The photo shows it in Wichita Falls,
TX; don't know where it was based, or even if it was a FW&D engine. So
if you really want a Chinese Red switcher.......

Jim Zach

Which reminds me, at my first model rr swap meet I almost bought a
neat looking Burlington switcher IN CHINESE RED!  Luckily, the man
selling it was moral and ethical enough to tell me the railroad never
had any switchers in that color scheme, after I mentioned to him that
I was building a layout based on the Burlington, and wanted to learn
about the railroad and try to model much of it accurately.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM