Re: [CBQ] Cicero diesel facility

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Cicero diesel facility
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:02:20 -0600
Cc: <ESTAPLE10@aol.com>
Joe Legner and I also went to Clyde and obtained a small liquid sample of
paint.   Out of the barrel it was much too dark but we didn't figure that
out until I received a custom painted set of Athearn F7s....   I think the
Aluminum Oxide paint had to be sprayed at high pressure to achieve the light
gray / dark white color of the F Units.
Speaking of which, has anybody documented the use of the term "graybacks" ?
It seems to me that I never heard it before the Bulletin article came
out..... Are the "grayback", "black bird", and  "red bird" recent railfan
concoctions or were the terms in general use by Q employees during the
units' service lives?
Charlie Vlk

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM