[CBQ] Re: Cicero diesel facility

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Cicero diesel facility
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:39:20 -0600
Charlie,

I spent a lot of time around the Q and I think the Mechanical and
operating people just called them all "motors". Perhaps, some of the
folks on this list that worked for the Q can provide a better incite.
In my experience working with RR people over 36 years, I found that
many terms, common in railfan jargon, were not used by most RR
employees. My favorite is the term "lash up" for a group of locomotives
coupled and working together. Most RRers used the term consist as EMD
did.

Bill Barber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM