Re: [CBQ] WAY CAR TRUCKS

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] WAY CAR TRUCKS
From: Mark Sellars <sellarsmark_aus@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:04:24 -0800 (PST)
Greetings Charlie

I am most grateful for your insights.

Being new to this, I may have mistaken the Andrews
pattern trucks for Arch bar trucks on the C&S way cars
built in the mid 1920s.

The longevity of the Q NE 1-9 way cars is incredible;
and the trucks design seems to have endured remarkably
well. Apart from a few experiments (eg the Allied Full
Cushion) they where not changed out.

Did the Q way cars run in a pool with the C&S/ FW&D,
as did the early F units, and travel through Colorado
and down into Texas?

Regards,
 Mark Sellars

http://mail.yahoo.com