Re: [CBQ] WAY CAR TRUCKS

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] WAY CAR TRUCKS
From: Mark Sellars <sellarsmark_aus@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:33:55 -0800 (PST)
Greetings Charlie,

Thank you for your comments.

Hol Wagner's "Colorado Road" p 343 shows C&S way car
10578 in Dec 1968 with what appears to be truck
bolster constructed of rolled rather than steel.
Yet on the same page there is a diagram of the
10576-10587 series indicating "Com. Cast Steel" were
applied which ties in with your observations.

The only other picture I have seen of a 10576-10587
series is of 10581 with the same truck bolsters as
10578 above. The photo is not dated but probably circa
1960s.

The way cay at the CRRM clearly has cast truck
bolsters.

Which company made the No.7 Wood Beam truck bolsters
for the NE 1-9 series Q way cars?

Kindest regards,
Mark.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail