Re: [CBQ] WAY CAR TRUCKS

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] WAY CAR TRUCKS
From: Mark Sellars <sellarsmark_aus@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:07:00 -0800 (PST)
Greetings Jonatahn,

I have revisited Hol Wagners book frequently of late
BUT...

I had overlooked the 10594-612 series. I had also
forgotten the picture of 10606 at the CRRM.
As it was built in 1944 it probably was originally
equipped with Barber Bettendorf swing motion trucks
(or a clone).

The series 10576-10587 and 10588-10593 probably were
equipped with and retained their arch bar trucks.
Surprising in some ways, because of their tendency to
self destruct.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards Mark.

--- jonathanharris@earthlink.net wrote:

> PS: I should have checked The Colorado Road before
> hitting "send." Wagner's
> roster lists that car (10606) as having been built
> in 1944 by the C&S
> itself. I still wonder about the provenance of the
> trucks. There's also a
> photo in that book of car 10578 (p. 343), WITH
> archbar trucks. He discribes
> this car (built by the RR in 1919) as being the
> typical C&S-design waycar
> during the 1920s. In light of these facts, my last
> message probably should
> be taken with several tons of salt.
> Jonathan

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!