Re: [CBQ] CZ Consist

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CZ Consist
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:11:15 -0600
I don't think that foreign Pullmans were designed to be in the train from
inception....  I think that the NYC leasing the D&RGW car and PRR owning
Silver Rapids fulfilled their share of the pooled miles for the transcon
run.....  I tried to
figure out how many cars were required to protect the service but bogged
down in areas I don't know enough about (turnaround times and connections in
Chicago).
I believe that CZ11 (the transcon car immediately ahead of the obvs) was
always a CZ car.  Haven't looked at the train consists to see if any group
was favored for this assignment or if any of the 10-6s were rotated as this
car.
Charlie Vlk

. As the through Pullman operated ever other day in the PRR and
> NYC. Since the service was daily there had to be foreign Pullmans in the
CZ

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM