[CBQ] Re: CZ Consist

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CZ Consist
From: "karllmoore" <karllmoore@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:25:35 -0000

Hi John,

As far as a mix of BLI cars to buy, well, pick a mix.  There's a
person over on the WP list that has been listing out various CZ
consists these last few weeks.  The mixture of each road's cars has
been enjoyable to watch.  There has been one occasion that all but 2-
3 of the cars were CB&Q cars.  Outside of that, the mixture varies
every single day and train with regards to ownership.  I'm sure you
could do a statistical analysis given the number of cars that each
road contributed to the CZ, with the number of train sets needed on
any given day, factoring in seasonal adjustments of consist size, and
finally with consideration given over the entire run of the train to
come up with a number that says "x" amount of the cars in a given
consist at any given time would be so-so's cars and so forth.  OR,
just take a look at the names of the cars as BLI brings out given
what might be a compromised example of a CZ consist, pick out your
favorites and buy them.  Example being, do you like a stag, bear,
antelope or other animal for your baggage car?  Would you rather have
a plate, platter, restaurant, or even a banquet for your diner?

BTW, if you do take the statistical analysis route, please share your
findings here.

Karl

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, railbass@c... wrote:
> I too have my eye on the new BWL CZ cars, but one question that has
not been answered yet is the breakdown of the consist by road.   I am
modeling the 1950 period when the CZ was brand new and realize that
each train was a mix of CB&Q-D&RGW-WP cars.   Does anyone know what
a "normal" mix of cars by road would be in the 1950 period?   I do
have Karl Zimmerman's California Zephyr, which lists all the cars by
name and road.   Would the mix be in a fairly direct proportion to
the number of cars owned by each road?   This would have been before
the insertion of a number of foreign road cars to the consist.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM