Re: [CBQ] Re: Detained and threatened by METRA police

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Detained and threatened by METRA police
From: Ken Martin <kmartin@cwia.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:04:26 -0800

clipperw@EarthLink.net wrote:
> I am sure RR
> security was tight in WWII, but some RR photos were taken.
>
> Bill Barber

The story I heard was that Otto Perry the Railfan/Photograher, who was
mailman for the US Post Office, was taking pictures in some small town
when he was stopped by the local police. He tried to explain he was
taking pictures because he liked them and was a mailman, but with a name
like "Otto" the locals were sure he was a spy and turned him over to
state officials. He was able to convince them that he wasn't a spy and
they let him go. Years later he was back in the same town and was told
"Yessir, in WWII we caught a german spy!"

Ken Martin

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM