[CBQ] Good spot to model between Savanna & Chicago

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Good spot to model between Savanna & Chicago
From: "thommack" <mack@chmack.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:19:33 -0000

Thanks to everyone for posting (or e-mailing me) their ideas.
Savanna is actually the "middle" of my layout. Right now it feeds
both directions to a single staging yard which represents Chicago,
Galesburg, MILW Interchange, AND the Twin Cities. The extension to
the layout will allow me to create a second off layout staging yard
for Chicago. Thus the interest. I reviewed Mike Spoor's Burlington
Route Volume 2 and it hit me that since this stretch to be modeled
will be single track it would make sense to model Oregon.
Unfortunately, the only industry I can find in the area would be
Kable Paper in Mt. Morris. From a picutre CB&Q Vol. 2 I know the Q
had a switcher (NW2) stationed at Oregon to service Mt. Morris
local. it also looks like a fair number of cares were dropped at
Oregon (and it was a station stop for the TCZ). But from the
pictures in Mike's book it looks like there were a lot more
industries around Oregon that are not listed on my Excel spreadsheet
of Burlington industries. What other industries were around Oregon,
IL that were serviced by the Q? Also, anyone know any specifics on
Kable Paper? Are there track charts available of Oregon and the Mt.
Morris branch?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM