Re: [CBQ] Anything Q left in Lincoln?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Anything Q left in Lincoln?
From: Ken Martin <kmartin@cwia.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 20:24:48 -0700
Thanks to all for the question and the replies as I am heading that way
going to Galesburg.

One thing I can add and I don't know if it is still there but if you
work south from the depot and take the streets cutting back to the track
in one of the scrap/work yards there was one or two of the "Bomber
boxes" covered in an early Bulletin. I will check myself.

The bodies of bombers were put in them and shipped from one plant to
another where they put on wings. After WWII they were removed from their
flats and many put on the ground as sheds.

Ken Martin

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM