Re: [CBQ] Re: Intermountain stock cars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Intermountain stock cars
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 19:56:08 +1200
If you want an alternative, take an Athern 40' stock car which represents
the AAR design.  Carve off the
road name and number boards, cut through to create the new boards, fill in
the spaces on the upper part of the doors, trim off the vertical grab iron
support to the left of the doors, add new road name and number boards, and
you've a close approximation of an SM-19B. The roof represents a later
replacement.

The most obvious drawback is the wide board about halfway up, where a double
deck
would be fitted, and that can be replaced.

There are plans and photos in Bulletin #25, and photos in Mike Spoor's CB&Q
Equipment book pages 74 & 75

Rupert