[CBQ] Are there any R4/R5 cab shots out there?...

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Are there any R4/R5 cab shots out there?...
From: "captmix" <tamix@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 20:05:22 -0000

I am building an R4 2-6-2 and presently building up the boiler head.
The only picture I have is a small photo in Corbin's Steam
Locomotives of the Burlington Route of  #2196, an R5.

Doesn't show much detail. Bernard Corbin must have taken many detail
photos of Burlington engines for his own model building. Has there
been an inventory of his collection that would allow photo copies of
engine details to be purchased? Or is there another source out there
that might have such photos?

I have Train Shed Cyclopedias and the reprint of the 1906 cyc that
will give basic back head details but it would sure be nice to build
an accurate cab for this engine.

This model is a Proto 48 R4 with a lignite smoke box and will be an
engine from circa 1930. Some photos of the drivers and the frame for
this engine appeared in an O Scale Trains article, issue # 13.

Tom Mix

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM