[CBQ] 35560 boxcar

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] 35560 boxcar
From: "Mark Mathu" <mark@mathu.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 22:04:43 -0500
This image was posted to news:alt.binaries.pictures.rail today.

CB&Q 35560 (Box)
Bellows Falls VT
1964

According to my 1/60 and 1/65 ORERs, this should be part of CB&Q 29000-37799
series boxcars
        AAR designation XM
        IL 40'-6", IW 9'-2", IH 10'-6"
        6'-0"x9'-11" doors
        3900 or 3898 cu.ft., 50 tons

This car caught my eye as a modeling project in HO scale.  A couple of
questions:

1) Who built the car?  I'd place a guess that it's a PS-1, but I'll leave it
up to you experts to pass final judgement.

2) What are the closest modeling options in HO?  What would you do to improve
the appearance of the model?

3) Was this car painted boxcar red or Chinese red?

4) What would be appropriate HO decals for this car? (Microscale preferred,
but all ideas are welcome.)

5) Would the other side of the car have the "Everywhere West" slogan?

- - - -
Mark Mathu
Whitefish Bay, Wis.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM