[CBQ] Re: 35560 boxcar

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: 35560 boxcar
From: "Mark Mathu" <mark@mathu.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 04:26:38 -0000
> Your best bet for modeling them in HO is to use the Branchline
> Trains #1400 undec 40'6" Postwar box car kit. A very simlar car is
> available as a decorated kit from Branchline as their kit #1404.

Thanks, Rob.

Someone else pointed out the Intermountain Railway Company #41899
Modified AAR 40' Box Car (8 Rung Ladder, 4-4 Improved Dreadnaught
End) is a good match, along with Microscale 87-412 decals.

Does anyone have comments on a comparison of the suitability of these
two kits?  Both Branchline and Intermountain kits are within my
modeling abilities.    From what I understand, the Intermountain kit
has the proper improved dreadnaught ends and rectangular panel roof --
 I'm not sure what the Branchline kit has.  As a minimum, it seems
that both kits would need a Superior five-panel door.

Branchline 40'-6" Postwar Boxcar kits
http://www.branchline-trains.com/blueprint/40boxcars/40%
27aar6/40aar6.htm

InterMountain HO kits