[CBQ] Re: Proto2000 SD45 & Type of cooling Fans

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Proto2000 SD45 & Type of cooling Fans
From: "Dale DeWitt" <dcdewi@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:57:30 -0000
Ed,

Thanks for your information on the SD45 fans and fan bases.  I have
searched the two reference books you mentioned but have been unable
to find any photos that allow me to see the top of the fans.  Do you
have another source to suggest or do you have personal knowledge that
the fans should be the open flat top variety?  Until I find
differently I am proceeding with your recommendation of the Cannon
fans.   For the horn, I placed it centered between the 1st & 2nd
cooling fan.  Not knowing exactly what kind of horn to use, I used an
Overland 2 trumpet horn mounted on the rectangular high base cut off
of one of the Precision Scale horn sets.  Hopefully this is close
enough.

To others who advocate mixed fans, I am trying to do this model in as
close to "as built" as practical since it is painted in the green &
white transition paint scheme which only lasted for a very short
time.  Thanks for everybodys comments.

Dale