Re: [CBQ] Proto2000 SD45 & Type of cooling Fans

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Proto2000 SD45 & Type of cooling Fans
From: Ed Pavlovic <cbq168a@iwc.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:18:13 -0600
Dale,
I don't have the books here at the moment, but I believe
that there should be an overhead photo in Dorin's
"Everywhere West, The Burlington Route" and Holck's
"Burlington Route Color Pictorial Vol. 2" by Four Ways
West.  Both will be useful for your purpose, and also show
the detail of the horn and the mounting near the radiator
fans.

In short, you do want the open top fans by Cannon & Co.,
you'll need the 9 blade fans for the radiator fans, the
dynamics only come with the 10 blade fans.  Also you have to
fill in the recesses under the P2K fan bases on the radiator
hatch, or simply remove the hatch and replace it with an
etched replacement hatch from Plano, either way will work.

Ed Pavlovic

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511