Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Silver Charger

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Silver Charger
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:34:23 -0600
Denny-
The cars used in the substitute Twin Cities Zephyr (I don't have time to
research the car names right now but it was one of the long baggage cars
(probably Silver Express), a couple of coaches, and one of the diner
observations) had shrouds as I have seen a movie of them.
The Texas Zephyr cars had shrouded trucks.
As I mentioned before, I remember a picture of one of the pattern domes with
the shrouds on.
The Silver Streak Zephyr consist was built with the shrouds.
I don't know about a non-disc version of the truck in question.  You are
right, this
is interesting research.  I have a drawing of the Silver Dome and the base
coaches
about 85% completed and, if I ever get the time, can use it as the basis for
more
prewar car drawings.
Charlie Vlk

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511