[BRHSlist] Re: Silver Charger

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: Silver Charger
From: "docdenny34" <danspach@macnexus.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 04:33:19 -0000
The General Pershing Zephyr and some other pre war Budd CB&Q cars were
delivered with distinctive trucks that had disc brakes (the first),
and had no brake hangers, nor any brake hanger extensions to their
side frames.

Tonite I reviewed Rudisel and Randall and as far as I can determine
there seems to have been no more than a total or seven or eight  of
these cars  total (inclusive of the General Pershing/Silver Streak
cars)  The cars delivered with (or designed for truck shrouds) all
seem to have had visible external brake hangers and standard brake
shoes, once the shrouds were removed (if they were ever installed!).

Again, it is strange that the Burlington was purchasing cheek by jowl
from Budd not only cars with two different types of brake systems, but
of two differing lengths, i.e. some coaches 80', some 89'.

Denny

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511