Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Silver Charger

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Silver Charger
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:19:47 -0600
Denny-
The trucks used on the General Pershing are not so unique.. the Q used them
on all their prewar Budd cars other than the first order of coaches, the
diners, and the C&S / FW&D coaches.
They were set up for truck shrouding and I believe all the cars were
originally delivered with them in place.  Even the Silver Dome had truck
shrouding re-applied after it was built, at least I think I remember seeing
a picture with the shrouds in place.
I think the drawings in Mainline Modeler are incorrect in that they do not
show the truck on all the cars in the Sam Houston Zephyr.... unless there
are pictures showing the trucks were changed out on the FW&D... all the cars
in the train should have the shrouded style truck...
Charlie Vlk

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511