Re: [BRHSlist] Any Keokuk, IA experts out there?

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Any Keokuk, IA experts out there?
From: "David Jordan" <dpj1974@insightbb.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 21:39:58 -0500
> I recently acquired a neat Circa 1940 photo of the National Carbide
> plant in Keokuk, IA and am curious whether this plant was serviced by
> "our railroad" or one of the other guys.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards, Rob Adams

If National Carbide is the same as Midwest Carbide (now Elkem Carbon) then
it was located on the Mooarline. That line went further north to the CB&Q
main across southern Iowa at one time but not sure if it did in 1940.

David P. Jordan
Peoria, Illinois

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/8ZCslB/TM