Re: [BRHSlist] Is there a MS Train Sim genius here?

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Is there a MS Train Sim genius here?
From: "Bob Weber" <eng95@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 18:20:50 -0700
I have MSTS and the 'other' train simulator 'Trainz' from Auran.  MSTS is a
train simulator whose strong point is simulating running trains.  However, it
is a real bear to create new rolling stock, scenery or scenery objects for.
Trainz, on the other hand, is a model train simulator whose strong point is
creating model layouts, rolling stock, scenery and scenery objects.  Editors
for all of these functions are included.  Trainz provides views from the cab,
from dome cars or waycars as well as allowing you to plant cameras along your
routes, wherever you want them.

The current version is Ultimate Trainz Collection which is now on sale for
$25.00 at http://www.auran.com/trainz/default.htm  The new version will be
Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004 coming out the end of this year.

One of our members, Scott Struik, has done alot of designs for Trainz including
a 1968 California Zephyr with 11 cars (including Dome Views) and 9900 Pioneer
Zephyr in both the 3 car original and a Mars light 4 car version.  I put some
screen shots in a TrainZ folder in the photos section at
http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/brhslist/lst?.dir=/&.src=gr&.view=t

I don't work for TrainZ or have any financial interest in the company, I just
love it because I can do 1000 mile layouts without cluttering my family room or
garage :)

Bob