Re: [BRHSlist] Reagan and the ICC

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Reagan and the ICC
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:42:19 -0700 (PDT)
Pete

As we used to say; I.C.C, meant... I can't catch
(them)!
But they tried, anyway. Everything and I do mean
everything was regulated. ICC inspectors would hide in
the weeds to check to see if you stopped at railroad
crossings "at grade" i.e. not interlocked and blew the
whistle, even if the other track only saw one train a
week. Someday, I'll tell the listers about the famous
"Yak butter" case. They had rules on how long a bulb
could be used in a signal light, etc.. They presumed
railroaders to be brainless. I don't know how modern
day guys do it, without the ICC to tell them how.

John

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM