[BRHSlist] Re: RR Days is not dead at all!

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: RR Days is not dead at all!
From: "littlegiant_il" <harryg@galesburg.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:12:01 -0000
Harry here, posting from sunny Sedona, Az. where the 4:00 PM temp is
a cozy 107 degrees.

Many thanks for the kind words about the train show and I can assure
you that putting the show together is a lot of work. But there is a
real sense of satisfaction when the preliminary numbers make it look
like there will be an additional $15,000 or so in the scholarship
fund at Carl Sandburg College because of the show.

I departed G'burg a couple of days after RR Days to head for the
West Coast to see the new grandbaby. Stopped of here to spend a
couple of days analyzing the 2500 entries which you dropped in the
door prize box. Haven't got all the details worked out but it
appears here are some of the highlights.

Visitors from 29 states.

All time record attendance.

Record number of vendors from 19 states.

Record number of tables rented to vendors (333)

All time record gate. This years gate exceeded the total proceeds
from all sources of last years show.

Record proceeds to the Scholarship Foundation.

75% of the Train show attendees are from outside the boundries of
the Carl Sandburg College district. (Train show brings outside $$$$
into the College.

Virtually all table rental revenue is from outside the district.

Don't think this sounds like everything is dying that is part of the
Festival.

Plans are underway for next years Train Show. I don't know just what
the other members of the Railroad Days Council plan for next year.
But I want to assure you that there is going to Be a RR Days Train
Show at Carl Sandburg College and it will be better than ever!

Once again, many thanks to all who attended, participated, or just
plain put up with me at the various events where I promote the
event. Remember, I doubt that anyone would donate a penny to
see "Little Giant" sitting in the gym at Sandburg College. It's the
exhibitors and vendors that make this thing work, to say nothing of
the staff at the College.

I will do all in my power to see that it keeps working. With you
cooperation it will.

Harry M Grossman
Director, Carl Sandburg College
Galesburg Railroad Days Train Show