[BRHSlist] Shovelnose sounds

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Shovelnose sounds
From: "Manfred Lorenz" <germanfred55@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:39:31 -0000
Thanks Dave,

I take your comments cum grano salis. Nevertheless I appreciated it.
I can imagine how I would do a model for myself and how that would
work out in a commercial project.

My biggest concern is not the pulling power as I have no brass cars
to go with it. But my ears have some peculiar preferences as to how a
model should sound. Can you elaborate on the drive and how it stands
up soundwise?

BTW are there any particular sound effects that make these motors
different from the "off-the-shelf" diesel? Any sound units available?

Could one tell the shovelnoses from other motors?

Manfred

--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, "David Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...> wrote:
> Greetings Manfred and welcome to the BRHSlist!
>
> Since you've not yet received a reply to your post regarding the
Railway
> Classics shovelnose locomotives, I'll tell you what I know
(although it may
> be a bit prejudiced!)
>
> I work at Railway Classics and was the project leader for the
shovelnose
> project.  I can assure you that these are the most accurately
detailed
> models of the shovelnoses ever imported.  Also, since I am a
modeler and
> have an operating layout, the locomotive's performance was very
important.
> The locomotives are weighted so that the single A unit will pull 8
average
> brass cars up a 2% grade and the A-B set will pull 14 average cars
up the
> same grade.  I've not received any negative feedback on these
locomotives
> and I'm certain that you'll be pleased with them.  Again, my
opinion is
> somewhat skewed, so I hope others on the list will provide their
feedback as
> well.
>
> Railway Classics web site (www.RailwayClassics.com) has a list of
dealers.
> I'll let the rest of the list offer their suggestions as to their
preference
> in dealers.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> David Lotz
> Railway Classics
> Phone: 314-846-4391
> E-mail: Dave_Lotz@R...
>

> >From: "Manfred Lorenz" <germanfred55@y...>
> >To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
> >Subject: [BRHSlist] Introduction and shovelnose
> >Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 13:11:30 -0000
> >
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I am new to this list. My prototype and modelling interest is in
the
> >northwestern railroads. With a special focus in electric operation.
> >
> >This comes partly from my living area, Germany, where everything
> >(almost, that is) runs under wire or besides third rail. The pantos
> >and overhead maze of wires I find especially fascinating.
> >
> >What brought me to the Burlington list is another interest in sleek
> >trains. And the Burlington is one prominent leader in this field.
> >Which leads on to the shovelnose diesels. These have been discussed
> >here as I found out from the archives. But it seems there is no
> >information on the models from Railways Classics.
> >
> >I am especiallly intrigued by the AB sets of Silver King/Queen
resp.
> >Knight/Princess with the raised mars light housing. These are
> >beautifully executed models which add something special to the
> >otherwise somewhat uniform appearance of dieseldom.
> >
> >Has anybody experience with these models? How do they run in
> >comparison to, say Kato and newer Atlas "plastic" diesels? What
about
> >the fidelity and scale of details? Any good source for obtaining
> [...]

Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada.
We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kP..SB/49VGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM