Re: [BRHSlist] Tender Sprinkling Device

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Tender Sprinkling Device
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 19:48:25 -0700 (PDT)
The blowdown muffler would work to water the
crossings, but that was not what it was designed to
do. I agree that the fireman had more than enouth to
do without this little "job". But then again, it is
OK, because most would turn into engineers, later!
There were lot of silly uses for steam and hot water.
A lot of switch engines had pipes to blow sand (and
snow) out of switch points and the M-4's had pipes to
remove frost from the rails, in shady cuts, so the
drivers wouldn't slip.
John D. Mitchell, Jr.