Re: [BRHSlist] Tender Sprinkling Device

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Tender Sprinkling Device
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:03:17 -0500
Ralph,

Does not sound like a bad idea to me. Would think that in the summer
a plank and dirt crossing would be just fine powder. Could be that it
was thought that a quick wetting down before the rest of the train blew
the dust away would cut down on the crossing maintenance.

Same reason they are constantly wetting down roads that are used for
coal haulage.

Russ