Re: Tender Sprinkling Device

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Tender Sprinkling Device
From: "graywolfs2" <graywolfs2@h...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 22:17:25 -0000
How about this theory......The report is dated August, 1933...hot dry
month also in a year of little rain(?). Going with the dust and wood
crossing angle, sprinkling the crossing helps prevent a fire after
the passing of the engine (said engine dropping hot ashes/clinkers
from ashpan due to train movement)...How does that sound?

Greg K.
Minn.

--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, PSHedgpeth@a... wrote:
> This morning while wasting time reading old ICC wreck reports I
came across
> something that I have never before heard of
>
> This incident August 9, 1933 involved the derailment of CB&Q No.
9...Was this