Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Posting of calendar art

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Posting of calendar art
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 09:33:30 -0700 (PDT)
I don't know about the 1941 calendar, but the 1965
calender hanging in my offfice is NOT copyrighted. And
by the way, just because something is a "commissioned
work of art" does not mean it is copyrighted. In order
to prevail in an infringment suit on a work created
before the effective date of the present copyright
law, the work must be registered.
John D. Mitchell, Jr.