Re: [BRHSlist] Cinerama Holiday

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Cinerama Holiday
From: "Bob Weber" <eng95@a...>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 22:35:07 -0700
Cinerama uses three 35mm cameras to film and project the scene onto a 146
degree wide screen (2.65:1 aspect ration). The sound is on 7 channels that
are recorded on a fourth 35mm film strip that is magnetically coated. In
short, you can only view Cinerama films in special theatres that have the
triple projectors. At this time there are only 2 Cinerama theatres left,
Seattle, WA and Bradford, England. A third will soon (if not already done)
be available in the Los Angeles Dome.

Cinerama Holiday ran for 7 years starting in Feb. 1955. I doubt that there
is a usable print of it available any more since many older color films have
deteriated, colorwise.

Bob

From: <SilvrDome@a...>