Re: engines

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: engines
From: "Ed DeRouin" <Ed@p...>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 16:23:26 -0000
Scott:

If the photos are 80 years old, that means they were taken in
1923, before the 4-8-4 locomotive was developed. The Wabash
4-8-4's were in the 2200 series. The C&NW northerns were not
Southern Illinois engines, the Berks were. I do not believe the
ICRR rostered engines in the 6100 series and the IT was an
electric line in those days.

My bet is that the engine is actually a CB&Q 2-10-2 in the 6100
series.

Please take a close look at the photo and count the wheels to be
certain.

Ed DeRouin

--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, Scott Millick <smillick@w...>