Re: engines

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: engines
From: "bigbearoak" <jonathanharris@e...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:03:14 -0000
John --

Challenger (CIL) imported some M4As several years back. They sold out
pretty quickly, and I haven't seen one on the used brass market since.
Expect to pay a bundle for it IF you can find one. That said, I think
there's little disagreement that it's one of the most beautiful,
exquisitely detailed, accurate, powerful and smooth-running models of
a Burlington steam engine ever produced.

-Jonathan

--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, railbass@a... wrote:
> That Q 2-10-2 rolling through Litchfield is actually a Q M4 2-10-4.
BTW, I
> have two Lambert and NPP HO models of the M4. These early models
have a lot
> of shortcomings on detail, the wrong type of drivers, and poor valve
gear.
> Who else made a better HO model of the Q 2-10-4s and are they
available?
> - John Manion
> Denver, CO
> railbass@a...
> > From: "Scott Millick" <smillick@w...>
> > Subject: [BRHSlist] engines
> >

> > ...[snip]...
> > > After looking at the various messages I am now convinced it must
have been
> > > 2-10-2 The angle of the negative make it difficult to see if it
was a
> > > driver or pilot in the front I am now convinced that the was a
CB&Q as
> > was
> > > told this number existed on that type of loco. Now if I can
figure where
> > > it was taken around here I will have it made. I will do some
looking
> > myself
> > > as lived here during the railroad hayday of the railroad era in
the
> > > Litchfield area. I just did not remember any of the steam
engines around
> > > here having the 5 driver configuration but then too I was just a
kid at
> > the
> > > time. Thanks to all that helped.
> >
> > Here is a picture of a Q 2-10-2 pulling a train through
Litchfield. See it