engines

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: engines
From: Scott Millick <smillick@w...>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 09:11:01 -0600
Is there anywhere that there is a record of the steam engine numbers I am going through some old photos that are 80 years old or so my grandfather took. I have a pix of a 4-8-4 steamer number 6117 but no other id on it. It could be an IC , Wabash CB&Q or Illinois Traction as that is what was in the area of Hamel. Staunton or Litchfield, Illinois Ideas to see what line it was?

After looking at the various messages I am now convinced it must have been a
2-10-2 The angle of the negative make it difficult to see if it was a driver or pilot in the front I am now convinced that the was a CB&Q as was told this number existed on that type of loco. Now if I can figure where it was taken around here I will have it made. I will do some looking myself as lived here during the railroad hayday of the railroad era in the Litchfield area. I just did not remember any of the steam engines around here having the 5 driver configuration but then too I was just a kid at the time. Thanks to all that helped.