Re: [BRHSlist] Re: How come no E8/9 B's?

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: How come no E8/9 B's?
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@a...>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 08:39:55 -0600
An interesting question.
Suburban Service is an obvious answer, but does the logic really apply?
The Pooling of Suburban power didn't start until when?? Well after all the
E7s were purchased and by then the No B Units pattern had been firmly
established.
I would guess that the operational experience with the E5B units triggered
the policy before the Suburban pooling with the Zephyr units came into
being.
Also, there is an urban legend that the Q was very serious about buying FM
Trainmasters for suburban power (ala SP)..... That would be an interesting
series of articles (throw in the six wheel trailing truck on the O5s!)
.....experiments, proposals and could have beens based on AFEs (if any
survived!). Sort of like that fascinating chapter in Hol Wagner's Colorado
Road!!!
Charlie