Re: [BRHSlist] Re: How come no E8/9 B's?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: How come no E8/9 B's?
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 04:28:54 EST
In a message dated 2/23/03 3:53:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wolfee@o... writes:

> How come the CBQ only bought A units? No B units? Is there some
> > >operational logic to this?

Sure is.... it's really hard to operate a "B" unit on the head end of a
passenger train using the hustler controls!

All kidding aside, I think the main reason why the Burlington never bought
E7-9 boosters was due to the suburban service. Remember the Q didn't own that
many booster units any way..... Silver Queen and Princess, 3 F "B" 9960-62,
and if memory serves me 3 E5 boosters. Of course in later service Silver King
and Knight were made into booster units.

ALthough many of the E's carried a "B" on the number.... they were cab units.

Loren Johnson