Re: [BRHSlist] Chucking your rights/Drones

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Chucking your rights/Drones
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 13:41:40 EST
Something that I didn't mention directly, but OW Wells III alluded to in his
recent post.

When you were promoted to Conductor or Engineer, as the case might be,...it
was just like starting all over again..all you guys who are railroaders
probably know this, but those on the outside may not realize it....The only
difference is that when your job as conductor or engineer was abolished or
you were bumped with no where to place your self in that craft you could bump
back as a brakeman or fireman.

By starting over again I mean you went to the conductor's or engineer's extra
board and again subjected yourself to the even more irregular hours and being
"forced" onto the undesirable jobs...Just like a brand new hire....some guys
just didn't want to subject themselves to this and when they could do it,
just "turned down promotion" or gave it up after some period of time, because
the few extra dollars earned wasn't worth (to them anyway) the extra
aggravation and responsibility...Some guys just didn't ever want any
responsibility.

Pete