Re: [BRHSlist] Chucking your rights/Drones

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Chucking your rights/Drones
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 20:30:17 -0800 (PST)
Leo
It was a common practice on the Beardstown Division
and not only with trainmen and conductors, but with
engine crews and switchmen as well. It was almost an
art form with some of those guys. The clerks and MOW
men played all kinds of games too! On subject of Rule
G, I can remember when it was a joke. The only way you
could get fired was to be drunker than the Road
Foreman of Engines or the Ass't Superintendent (almost
impossible)! To this day, I don't understand why more
guys didn't get "cut into three pieces"enoughrough
enouth when you're stone cold sober. The night switch
engine jobs were just rugged. Those guys could drink.
I talked about it some, in BB#35.
John