When did the CB&Q red locos finally go?

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: When did the CB&Q red locos finally go?
From: "Jan Kohl" <jkohl@n...>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 21:19:34 -0500
Man, I'm glad I found this group! :)

I used to live by the old CB&Q Hannibal > St. Joseph line in Missouri, and I
moved in right after the BN takeover. I remember
seeing red CB&Q locomotives coupled with the green BN ones...but I don't
remember when I STOPPED seeing them, and wonder if
anyone knows. I would assist me in defining my model layout date... :)

I don't think I saw them anymore after say...hmmmm...1978? ...but I could be
wrong. They were never really plentiful back in
1971, but I do recall seeing them occasionally. (we usually had 4-5 trains/day,
maybe 1-2/week would have a red CB&Q in the
consist).

I would certainly be interested in seeing pictures of The Q along this route,
you never seem to find any pictures south of Hannibal or north of St. Joseph,
Mo.

Last, but not least, there was an old derailment on that line in between Annada
and Clarksville, Mo. I have no idea when or what, but the boxcars were still
sitting alongside the track in 1985. Anyone have any further information on
that wreck?

Cheers, and thanks for your time!

Jan