Re: [BRHSlist] E-5's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] E-5's
From: Randy Gordon-Gilmore <zephyrus@r...>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:50:34 -0700
At 10:34 AM 9/9/2002 -0700, Marshall wrote:

>As I indicated earlier, the one thing I'd like to know *for sure* is that
the E-5 windows are standard EMD sizes rather than custom. Somebody at
IRM may already know that - I never thought to ask!.

I have downloaded all the Otto Perry E5 photos from the Denver Public
Library website, and all the other ones I could find on the Web, and have
scanned some of the photos from the Bulletin's E issue. I have a program
(Picture Window Pro) that lets me "de-perspectivize" photos by clicking on
what should be the corners of a rectangle, and inputting the height and
width of the desired rectangle.

Knowing the basic overall dimensions of the E5's side, I should be able to
rectify all the photos to a common basis (together with what E6 and E7
pictures I can find (if those are the windows to compare with) and see if
there seems to be a consistent difference. I'll do some playing this noon
and see if it seems feasible.

Best regards,

Randy

zephyrus@r... http://www.prototrains.com