E-5's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: E-5's
From: drale99@a...
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:39:41 EDT
I've been running a pair of E5s on my RR for yrs., mindful that they didn't
match too well. I assumed the B unit must be phase II, and that I was an
out-of-phase railroader (which is a pretty accurate description of what kind
of a railroader I am). Reading all of the E5 messages got me curious, so I
went downstairs and checked the boxes. Surprisingly both are ph. I. A unit
is Oriental; B unit is Challenger. B has smaller, more delicately detailed
grills (or louvres) on the roof. B unit has slightly larger side windows.
Is it possible there were differences like this in ph.I E's, or am I the
victim of some inaccurate detailing? (I'm not fussy, not bothered by this,
just curious).
DRale