Re: [BRHSlist] E-5's

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] E-5's
From: "Marshall Thayer" <zephyr9903@e...>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 10:34:12 -0700
Marshall-
Are you working on the E-5 drawings for publication or privately for an
importer?
I have a friend in Italy who is doing N Scale etchings for passenger cars
(primarily on a hobby
basis for himself and friends) and is interested in doing some conversion
etchings to make E5s out of
the LifeLike E6s in N Scale.
I could be coerced into going out to Union and measuring and digitally
photographing the E5 if you have any
need for particular dimensions or details.

The E-5 drawings are intended (with other early Es) for publication as sort of
a "notebook" for detailing & kitbashing the LL slantnoses. I'm also aware of a
small manufacturer in Calif. working on N-scale E-5s . . . and an outfit called
Delta Models has announced a resin conversion in HO -

As I indicated earlier, the one thing I'd like to know *for sure* is that the
E-5 windows are standard EMD sizes rather than custom. Somebody at IRM may
already know that - I never thought to ask!.

Thanks for your offer, and if any other logjams show up, I'll let you know -

Marshall

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor